How to plant your seed paper label
1) Cut your seed paper label into smaller pieces and soak them in water for 24 hours
2) Prepare your pot. If there is any wax remaining in the pot, add some boiling water, leave for a couple of minutes and then wash with warm water and soap. The wicks at the bottom can also be dislodged and removed with the spoon (Tip: add extra boiling water to loosen them if needed).
3) Fill your pot with soil, just over 3/4 of the way and add your seed paper. Try not to overlap any pieces!
4) Add a thin layer of soil so that the paper is lightly covered and put your pot in a sunny place. Until the first sprouts appear, the paper must be moist at all times and then you can water as needed. Note: the seeds and sprouts will be delicate so be gentle when pouring water (a spray is recommended)!
5) Enjoy the process of being present, nurturing and watching your beautiful wildflowers grow!
Share your candles, plantlings and flowers using the hashtag #glowthengrow - we'd love to see!
What is seed paper?
Plantable paper made by hand from recyclable materials and embedded with wildflower seeds. When the paper is planted in a pot of soil, wildflowers will grow!
What seeds are inside the paper?
Our seed paper labels contain the highest-quality mix of Non-GMO wildflower seeds, including:
- Bird's Eye - Annual
- Clarkia - Annual
- Black Eyed Susan - Perennial
- Catchfly - Annual
- Snapdragon - Annual
- Sweet Alyssum - Annual
Can I plant the paper all year round?